Such a tragedy...



Today is one of the worst days in Polish history since World War II. We woke up to discover that our President, the First Lady and 87 senior Polish officials died in a plane crash in Russia. They were on their way to take part in commemorations to mark the 70th anniversary of a massacre of over 20 thousands of Polish officers by the Soviet Union.

First I couldn't believe when my mom called me to tell me what's happened. I was downtown shopping and came back home in a huge shock. I turned on polish radio hoping that it's not true, that someone survived that fatal crash but no... everyone died.

I didn't like Mr. Kaczynski as a politician, he was a very controversial figure on Polish political scene but never the less it's a big loss for Poland and I even don't try to imagine what a hell it is for their families. We might like them or not but we have to remember that they were human beings, someone's fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, friends...

My deepest condolences to all the members of their families. Poland won't be the same place anymore.

1 comment:

Bartek said...

Today at noon we had symbolic 2 minutes of silence all over Poland. The atmosphere here is hard to describe, people are still in shock, confused, sad. Yesterday morning felt like a bad dream - the similar kind like the one of 9.11